View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 06:33 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post

I noticed today that Alizée's 'People Talking About' numbers passed Tal's numbers. If that happened before I don't remember it. They have recently come up quite a bit from where there have been these days.
I would wager "Their Talking About" the cancelled concerts. I wouldn't look at that as a positive number. A lot of that talk is hostile. I expect that number to fade quickly.

Although I really enjoy Alizee's music, that is not why I'm a fan. I'm a fan because I adore Alizee. I didn't buy her last album because I was holding out for one autographed by her. She didn't autograph this album, so I didn't buy a copy. I believe Alizee has a lot of fans like me. The result is a large and ardent fan base that does not translate into financial success.

My impression from the numbers Scruffydog gave out was that the tour tickets were selling pretty well. The theaters weren't sold out but they were filling up. I was prepared to cross the Atlantic to see one of those shows. If the tour tickets were selling but the album wasn't, why shut the tour down?

Alizee has been out of the public eye now for months. Does she usually take such long vacations? I am worried that she is discouraged--that she may be in trouble emotionally.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 09-14-2014 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: closing the quoted text