View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

No reason to be sorry. Without meeting people in person, it's tough for me to remember everyone's situation and know what they've seen and haven't seen. Plus I often miss the fact that some members aren't in here every day as I usually am.

DALS and the Tournée that follow are something I should probably explain further. The show DALS (Dancing with the Stars), started about 10 years ago in France. Alizee appeared in the 4th season (2013) and won and that was a major moment in her life and career. A lot of what goes on today, the Tournee, the dance work shops are a direct result of it.

That year (2013)was the first season they started the Tournée which now happens every year, after the competition is over. They go to several cities and put on a show. I think Alizee has appeared in every Tournee since she won.

Now there is another show that over the course of her career Alizee has appeared in and that is Les Enfoires. That is a show for charity and many celebrities donate their time to be in this show They raise money to feed the homeless and for about a week long period, they put on pretty much the same show, night after night. I've been lucky enough to be to a few of them.

The last show is usually filmed. A video is made of it and they broadcast that on tv at some point and make dvds out of it too. This show has given us a great opportunity to see Alizee sing and dance that her failures of putting out a successful album has denied us and we've gotten a lot of great videos out of it. The Tournee is mostly about dancing and when they did have her sing, they chose songs that weren't a good match for her voice, imo.

Now unfortunately, the Tournee and Les Enfoires happen at the same time of year, so apparently she can only do one. Les Enfoires is for charity and she probably only gets paid for her expenses where she probably gets a nice pay check for being in the Tournee, so it's understandable why she makes that choice, but I and I think many others miss those days of Les Enfoires and each year it's usually a huge disappointment when I find out she wont be in that show.

I have little interest in watching the Tournee because of it, though it's possible with my travels, I might some day go to a show. A few good videos usually do come out of it. Me and two other fans in Europe have briefly discussed getting together for a show.

So like I said, DALS was a huge moment in her life and career. We really got to learn a lot about her. We got to see her become truly happy again. I suggest you watch the first show. If you enjoy it, I will add the others to my drive.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-05-2018 at 12:27 PM..