Thread: French Dishes
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I've been raised around Asian cuisines.
One of my parents being an Indoman, I learned a lot from him about different exotic spices, and cooking methods, that have been passed down his family line.

The things i've made before were Mongolian Beef m/w Bok Choy and Fried Rice, Steamed Cod in Black Bean and Oyster sauce, and of course, perhaps one of my signature recipes, Swedish Meatball Curry.

As for French food, I can't say i've tried many, Crépes are absolutely delicious if you know the right stuff, i've tasted some Cherry crépes that were absolutely dreadful and sour, i've tried some chocolate crépes that were quite heavenly, and this is coming from a person that absolutely dislikes most solid forms of sugar treats. Escargot, despite the exterior mask of disgust, tastes like gooey chicken, it was distasteful for me, but nonetheless interesting. Frogs Legs are a specialty, and the French way of preparing them differs much from the Pacific Island way, in some places, the French-style of Frog Legs are quite a kick in your mouth of flavor. The Veau Marengo, I have to recommend, it...is...godly.