View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 10:56 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Julia , barely 17 years old is Laurent Boutonnat's new "muse" , the similarities with the Alizée of the Gourmandises years are striking... Even this first music video reminds me SO MUCH of the L'Alizé and Gourmandises MVs ..

This kid needs our full support
Hello lapinschous!

I cannot speak for the others, but for me, Alizee was (and remains) an anomaly. I never was a fan of any other singer enough to join a fan site other than Alizee. She knocked me off my chair when I saw her for the first time. I can't explain it, it just happened. Beauty is a dime a dozen, but for someone to hold my interest for 12 years counting is really something. It goes beyond the physical.

While Julia is certainly beautiful in her own way, that is not enough for me to become a fan of something just for the sake that she is a product of MF/LB. Julia, as she stands right now, is a product to seduce the masses for profit. One could make a similar argument that Alizee was used in the same way, but Alizee proved over time there was certain things she would not sell out for. That gave me much respect for Alizee, but is still something to be determined for Julia.