View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Would you rather us act like we give a shit now that he's gone, disrespecting his memory and everything his work has done for humanity? (Don't misunderstand, I do like the guy too, a heck of a whole lot, I just don't think me posting about him in the off topic section of an obscure French singer is doing justice)

Or would you rather those like yourself know how honest and sincere you are in your grieving and not be diluted and lessened by a bunch of band-wagoners on the internet?

Edit:

Danijel Jagodic impacted my history.

Without learning what he taught (how to save money here and there), I would never have played paintball more than once or twice. Now, paintball is a hugely important part of my life. I've made dozens of friends and even more acquantainces through the sport, I've learned technical skills from the equipment which helped me tremendously working in an aerospace manufacturing plant, I went from a really good shot to a really good shot, I even lost a good twenty pounds.

All though Neil Armstrong indirectly helped usher in a new era of technology, he hasn't directly affected my life enough for me to notice and directly recognize him. That's because I'm a simple minded young man who doesn't want to spend every waking moment worshiping other equally important figures in history (I'd never leave the house for Da Vinci alone, not to mention Roosevelt, Einstein, Galileo, Plato, Aristotle, Newton, etc)

Not a lot of people think as deeply as you do. Feel proud of that, don't shun them for it.

Last edited by user472884; 08-31-2012 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts