View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I totally agree, I just cannot see the logic in it.

But there are other related issues that I don't understand. I use Amazon UK, Amazon France & Amazon USA to buy CDs and Vinyl. Sometimes the thing I want is only available on Amazon.com (USA) but a lot of the sellers on there wont ship to the UK - no matter how much I offer to pay for shipping
That's similar to my experience. I can only buy from Amazon France things that they sell themselves. Nothing from any of the third party sellers. But I've found that Amazon Canada will let me buy from third parties, and sometimes they are in the US, but they don't appear on the US Amazon site. Just today I received the 'L'alizé' vinyl from an Amazon Canada third party seller in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cou View Post
Well, I kind of understand that some things are not available in some country's. In this case They may think jts too expensive to sell her CD's in America for max 2500 (a wild guess) fans. Promoting her in America seems a bit useless with in a country that already dominates the music industry. And am I right that its still possible for you guys to buy it on amazon.fr? The pnly thing I dont have a clue why they do it is the blockade on Youtube and Itunes.
I have been able to buy anything from Amazon.fr that they stock and sell directly. But when '5' was released it was (and still is) sold here in the US at the US Amazon so I got it from them. And '5' did/does appear on iTunes here, so I expect 'Blonde' will eventually. Maybe it has to do with royalties and rights and the process to set that up here may be slower than elsewhere for international music, but that's just a wild guess theory I came up with.