View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Whichever song randomly comes up next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djr654 View Post
Interesting observation: I prefer the French versions to the English equivalents for JEAM, JPVA, etc. Not quite sure why; maybe it's because I'm so used to hearing her sing in French that the English doesn't sound quite right. Not that I dislike them, but I'd rather listen to JPVA than I'm not Twenty, given the choice. Anyone else feel like this, or is it just me?
I prefer to listen to the French versions as well. I do listen though to the English versions when they come along in the rotation. I think the reason I prefer the French versions is because the lyrics don't seem to be well-written. Some lines I can't even understand the words. But I do like hearing Alizée sing in English, and I imagine how she would sound if she gave an interview in English someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
The latter is kinda suprising for me, given that I entirely loooove the way she sings "La isla bonita". Thus, I suppose that it has more to do with editing rather than actual sound of Lilly's English .
Which version? From the Psychedelices CD or the TV appearance?

I've often thought over the years that when she covers another artist's song that she does a great job. LIB, Ella, Elle la, La vie par procuration as some examples.