View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
What surname would you have us use for the pair? Perhaps the Great Mexican Salvation might suggest a Hispanic-style hypenated hybrid surname. Or will a girl soon entering school be called Annily Chatelain?
Don't use any name for the pair. They don't do anything publicly AS a pair. That's what I'm saying. Jérémy is part of Alizée's private life, and on Psychédélices he was an important figure behind the scenes, i.e. composed a lot of the music. On UEdS he doesn't seem even to be that. But even in the Psych promotions, you didn't see him appear with her to things like autograph signings, did you? No. They don't do things like that as a couple. They keep their private life completely separate from her public life and make it none of the public's business. So there is simply no chance the Jérémy would participate in what you're talking about. She might. He won't.

As for the last name, Alizée and Jérémy are not legally married in France. In the U.S. they are, but they live there, not here. When they got married in Las Vegas, she did not change her name, and there is no evidence that she has filed a legal name change since. It is nearly 100% certain that her last name is Jacotey, not Châtelain. Nor is there any evidence that he has changed his name, so it's still Châtelain, not Châtelain-Jacotey or anything like that.

What Annily's last name is, is a good question. One that, so far, her parents don't seem to think the public needs to know. And I'm OK with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty12357
Actually, at one time record sales were a more significant part of an artist's income, but those days are long gone. It has much to do with how the record companies currently share the revenue, which in my opinion is terribly unfair.
I wonder if music may be approaching, or on the edge of, a revolution such as is occurring in publishing now. In this day and age, is there really any need for a physical CD at all? Could the artist have more control over the music and its distribution, and keep a larger share of the proceeds, by in effect self-publishing digitally? Everything available by download, with outlets paying royalties (BIG royalties, it should be, since their costs are minimal) to artists while keeping enough to make a decent profit themselves? Cut out the record companies altogether and let them dwindle and die the way the big publishing houses are going.

Alizée probably has enough money to do that on her own, without using a middleman of any sort, but there's a niche it seems to me for a distributor business such as I've described for smaller artists or those just beginning. This would likely bring a lot of music to the market that in today's system would never get there, so it would be better for the listener, too.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 01-23-2010 at 11:48 AM..