Old 06-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Default 14 Décembre

Please discuss:
1)What this song means to you.
2)What do you feel about this song.
3)What you like/don't like, and why.
4)How good it is from a musical standpoint.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Please refrain from using one-line comments (ex. "I Agree" "It's Awesome")
__________________________________________________ _______________

1)This song makes me think of exhaustion from people being constantly watched. It's like a celebrity being under a constant barrage of stares because the paparazzis are waiting for them to do something bad. It is also biblical. Jesus was under persecution and constantly being watched to see if he would mess up. And he was getting tired of it. The song also mentions crosses haha.

Night after night
My life
Under a continuous barrage of stares
Evening after evening

2)This song is great and has a good meaning behind it. It is pretty gloomy though. I feel the person in the song is so tired of being watched that they either want to lock themselves up in a room, run away, or even commit suicide. So yes, I guess it's a darker song.

Fourteenth night of December
The moon opens a lysergic eye
My taxi with darkened windows
As if without a pilot, speeds by on automatic

In that stanza I think the person is running away under the veil of night to get away from everyone. Possibly leaving NYC.

3)I like the lyrics alot. They have good meaning and show how its not that great to be famous. The music is amazing and upbeat. Her dark deep tone in her voice keeps the song dark while the bright instruments balance out the mood/tone.

4)The song is very bouncy because of the offset drum beat. I love her voice when it drops in pitch, "Aaaaahhhhh", so amazing

I love when she says Mon Taxi

All the synth effects are amazing. And I love the guitar effect in the background. A great song musically.

Last edited by User22; 06-26-2010 at 01:47 PM..