View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 04:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think I was endeared to the French accent some time ago. I remember when I was a kid, I saw a movie with a woman I think with red hair and I think this was a comedy or a Disney movie. I tried researching it yesterday, but came up empty. I'll look some more.

Now a woman comes along sometimes, who has the same effect, but it's not that often. Of course I love Alizee's accent, but that's just a small part of the story.
In fact, I had told my long sob story in here once before, but I'll try to make a brief recap. I was living about 800 miles (1300 km) south of here. After being married for 11 years, I got divorced and met another wonderful woman. My company decided to pull out of that city. I needed a good paying job and the only way I could get one, was to leave that area. That led to the break up of my relationship.

I moved up north where I am now and went through 7 years of depression. The woman I had been in a relationship with had been part of a band with some freinds and they did a few gigs here and there. When we'd be togethere in my car, I'd always be playing my favorite songs on the cds I had made up and she'd always be singing them. So everytime I listened to music after moving up north, it reminded me of her.
Then I found out about Alizee and it changed my life. I could now listen to music again and enjoy it because these new songs had no painful memories with them. Before, even when I was going to some place like Cancun, I'd be depressed. Not now. I enjoy all my trips now. Of course her beauty, her dancing were huge factors. So too I think the music of LB was a big factor.

So it's been 17 years since I moved back up here and and 10 years since I found out about Alizee and you'd think by now, I'd be able to listen to regular music again, but no. Those memories are still too strong to forget. You add the fact that she came down with cancer in a bad way a couple of years ago and I think I'll be sticking to Alizee for a while.