View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
I happen to know that there's a long list of <acronym title="French Words used in English Everyday">FWuiEE</acronym> on the Wikipedia, but I won't link to it and kill this thread.

Words I can think of off the top of my head :

• accoutrement
• savoir-faire
• risqué
• coupé (only we say coupe)
• fiancé/e
If you look at my original post you will probably find it obvious that that is where I got some of my ideas from... I don't mind people picking from that wiki list as I did... but I didn't just copy and paste all the words... I only added the words that I, myself, recognize.. some of the words on the list pertain to specific jobs and lingo that not all peole use...

such as "Triage" which in french is to separate but in english it is particularly pertaining to prioritizing patients in a medical center... My French coworker used that word once not realizing that it had a different connotation in English...

Edit:

By the way, Risque is a good word!

Another word I use a lot is "double entendre" ... which means to say something that has an innocent and risque connotation to it...

Most people don't realize there is a word for it and call it a sexual innuendo or insinuation.

Here are some examples of double entendres

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 03-31-2013 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts