View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 08:04 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
The main dilemma with me is right now, I cannot buy handgun ammo. So .45, .357, or .44 lever actions are out of the question. It isn't often that I see a 30-30 that is decently priced and happens to look exactly the way I want. Had I found that before I bought my Weatherby, I would have bought it then and there.
Not sure if it's different from state to state but I know here that you can't buy handgun ammo for a handgun, but you can buy it for a rifle if that makes any sense. Besides I don't think they restrict the sale of brass and unloaded bullets xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
On an unrelated note, me and some guys from work last night played a little game during lunch. It was if you could only own 5 guns in a disaster/survival situation (gov't breakdown, invasion, zombie apocalypse, etc.), what would they be and why? Thought it might be interesting to try here.

My five were:

1. SIG P226 9mm - They are reliable, built tough and accurate. Plus 9mm can be found pretty much everywhere.

2. Winchester Model 70 .308 - Good for long range shooting/hunting. Plus these are battle tested rifles that are extremely accurate.

3. SIG 556 5.56 -A more reliable AR platform good for self-defense.

4. Remington 870 12 ga. - Reliable shotgun with readily available parts and common ammunition. Good for hunting or self defense.

5. Ruger 10/22 .22 - Good for small game hunting, and ammo is really light and plentiful. Plus the 10/22 is a common gun, with easy to find parts and customizations.

I'd say that is a fine list. I don't know that I would say the sig is more reliable than an AR, they just simply have different problems that ail them

Interesting though 5 is a lot I'd probably have to go with...

1. Smith and Wesson 686 or Ruger GP100 in .357, it shoots the most common bullet in the country being the .38 special and will take the full power .357. highly accurate and reliable to boot.

2. High Standard Victor in .22 lr. reliable .22 and will out shoot most your standard .22 rifles with it's 5" barrel.

3. Mosin Nagant in 7.62x54R, Heavy hitting utterly reliable accurate rifle.

4. PTR-91 in .308, can peg a man sized target at 600 plus and realiably stop them and Is the most problem free semi-auto platform in my experience which don't mean they don't have problems it just means I've had very few. The problems I do have well I can have fixed in a jiffy and have about any part I would need.

5. Remington 870 or Ithica featherlight- simply reliable

Regards,

Jung