View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 09:44 AM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
And that's it. We've been outsmarted and outclassed at the Gabba of all places by an India team without many of their best players and captain. I was expecting India to hold out the draw to end the series level and retain the trophy but instead they finished the final innings like it was a T20 match and it worked.

Just get the sense Australia felt a bit naïve and got ahead of themselves, as a lot of fans including myself did too, after Adelaide we were firm favourites to win the series. But still, Australia were up against the best test country in the world, no real shame losing to such a side.

Massive respect to the players, captains and coaching staff of both sides and especially India, not sure I can say the same about the fans of either country attending the games though.
The reception Tim Paine got from the India fans in Brisbane when stepping up to congratulate India on the series win was uncalled for, Paine of all players in Australia's side has conducted himself exactly as he should as the captain, booing him is just unnecessary.
But even worse was the Australian fans who made the racist remarks at the SCG, just completely idiotic and left a sour taste to that test. It may've only been a couple of fans but it doesn't do anyone any good.

Disappointing all round from Australia, we had that miracle match in Adelaide then everything simply went downhill from there. But more importantly a massive congratulations to India, throughly deserved and well fought.

This was one of the most amazing day for Indian cricket. Not many people believed that this team could do this. I can't explain the mood here. People are still discussing non-stop about this everywhere.

I haven't seen anything like this before. Team just kept on standing up to Australian opposition. One of the greatest wins ever.

Such a high quality series. Hoping to see more in future.