View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 01:44 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindReaver View Post
*sigh*

I do not understand why everyone compares Alizée to Britney Spears. Why not compare her to our GOOD artists like Amy Lee or Jewel? There are many many great artists here that do not make the tabloids everyday.
Yikes. If I was drinking coffee/soda/water, I'd probably have spit it out. To each their own, though.

I guess people don't compare Alizée to Amy Lee because of the stark difference in vocal style and music genre. As for Jewel...she's kind of fallen out of the public eye.

Alizée and Britney actually match up fairly well on paper. Both got their start at a young age, both played up a lolita image in their early work, both were very successful in a short amount of time, both took a break and had children after releasing 2-3 albums, and both perform dance pop music.

With Britney's very public collapse, some people may forget that she was squeaky-clean (just like Alizée) for the first few years. Taking "early" Britney into consideration, I'm not at all surprised that this comparison continues to be made.