View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

It all makes sense to me. How hard is it to believe that there are in fact people here who are personally connected with Alizee? She isn't THAT famous and seems more accessible, especially these days, than huge stars. Now, if someone had posted this exact thing about somebody like Katy Perry or Rihanna, I'd be less inclined to believe them, but it's not like Alizee is so elevated into the celeb life that she has no friends or connections to the real world.

Besides, even if you choose to believe it's all made up, their guess is as good as ours since none of us know her personally either, and for that reason it's pretty hypocritical to criticize and tell other people that they're wrong. None of you can say anything that should get more respect or credibility than anyone else because we're all in the same boat in terms of actually having any "behind-the-scenes" info.

Also, I guess thinking something went wrong in her career is subjective, but personally I think something DID go wrong. She's basically gone into obscurity at this point. The only people who really know or follow her are her core fanbase who have been in it from the beginning.

While I'm still a fan, I believe that the only reason she became successful was because MF picked her up and gave her a costume to step into. The MF-LB Alizee was all an act, she was told how to behave during interviews, what to say or not say, how to perform. It was a very meticulously crafted image. Alizee just gave it a face and a voice. It could have been anyone, it just happened to be Alizee Jacotey. Now that it's over, I don't think "just Alizee" has the drive or personality to become a success again. She's beautiful, yes, but there are a lot of beautiful people in this world. She is basically a model, she can do very well for herself, but only if someone gives her an outfit to wear and calls all the shots for her, including directing her behavior.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée