View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Im a bit confused with all the coments about how she "prounonced her name in english"...your name doesnt change with the language you are speaking. I still pronounce my name the same way if I am speaking french, spanish, english, or whatever.

The reason she pronounced her name differently is not because the song is in English, its because she had to pronounce it differently to fit with the songs beat.

The lyrics are " Will.I.am and Britney, Bitch"

if she pronounced her name the way she normally does ( ah-lee-zay) it would not have fit the beat. You will notice they even took out the "and" between the two names, what was sung was " you are now now rockin with Will.I.Am Alizee, bitch."

As for this hurting her image or something, i doubt it, her other performances that night were good. Plus she was not the only to have an off performance, Katy Perry sang at the same award show, and had a horrible time. The song started with horrible lip-sync play back, and half way through the song they stopped, and then re-started with Perry singing live, and it was pretty bad.

The negative comments on the video are probably a mix of Spears and Will.I.Am fans. Spears fans saying "how dare she sing Britney's part" and Will fans blaming her for the performance not being great.

I do hope Lili doesnt take the comments personally if she sees them, from what I understand, Tal, or one of the ohter female singers was supposed to be on stage with Will, not Alizee. Im sure which ever singer that was would have received the same horrible comments from the same people.