View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Watching Alizee in all these videos, she appears to enjoy the experience of singing before an audience. Which again raises the exasperating question, why did she give it up? I understand her albums weren't selling, but her audiences have always been enthusiastic. I think possibly the labor of finding new tunes, and the aggravation of getting the arrangement just right, arguing with everyone who has a different opinion, might be the reason. I wish she would just come out and say why she doesn't want to sing. Apparently, "stubbornness" is a Corsican characteristic, and Alizee prides herself on being a "true Corsican," thus she emphasizes that part of her personality. If this is so, it has done her career serious damage and vexed her fans no end.
This guess is as valid as anybody else's.

I feel she is done as a solo artist. I feel she put a lot of faith in Blonde in getting her back on the map, and that failure, the fourth in a row, was too much for an ego to bear.

We all know she is superstitious. In that show where she meets Jenny, she used "lucky stars" twice. Once in the car describing her success, and telling Jenny it was her lucky stars that caused her to be selected. Maybe Alizee feels her luck just ran out.

I feel too many ex-fans have turned their back on her. She hasn't been the best at fan maintenance over the years. And what fans she has left are spread out all over the globe. It takes a lot of money and logistical knowledge to organize a world tour of any kind. I still wonder why she never was able to break into the US market, besides maybe the language barrier?

But, I am like you in that I wish she would just come out and say something. I would accept that her singing days are over. I think she should go into acting more. I think she has some good talent there.