View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 05:42 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Pourquoi Alizée?: An introduction to Alizée fandom, and a discussion of why in particular we're all crazy about this girl half a world away who sings in a language that 90% of us don't understand in the first place. I think this would be good for an initial episode.
Oh man. You're just opening a tasty can of worms with that one. Ok. That sounded weird. Anyway, you heard my interview entry from way back. I've had much time to think about Alizée and why her. In fact, I was just thinking about that today. How much time do you have? I don't know. I think I'd have to formulate that one right to talk about it. That will take some energy though. I don't know if I can do it. Tired.
Quote:
The Impossible Dream: Bringing Alizée to America—achievable goal, or fantastic pipe dream? There’s been sporadic, some might say heroic, efforts made here and there to further the cause…but are we just tilting at windmills in the name of Dulcinea? What will it take? Are we up to the challenge? And what lessons can we take from the Mexican miracle, and from Yelle’s C’est Amerique tour?
That's tempting to say something about right now. Of course, that would be wasted if we did do the topic. You have some good thoughts man.
Quote:
Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: The many hairstyles of Alizée, as discussed and debated by a handful of ostensibly heterosexual males. This has the potential to be a double episode.
hair hair! Now that's a topic. Actually, I think this topic would be best done if one were to get a series of good shots of every hair style we have a photo for and put into chronological order with the date (approx.) and possibly the specific occasion. Then one could talk about it. It is a tempting subject. I don't know why anyone thinks that hair is not important to guys. It totally is, on a woman. Though true, I don't know how much there is to actually say about it.
Quote:
Parlez-vous francais?: How important is an understanding of French, both the language and the culture, to an appreciation of Lili and her music? A few of us take it upon ourselves to learn the language and painstakingly translate lyrics and interviews, but most of us are content to just hum along. Are we missing out?
oh oh me me! pick me! my hand is up.

Quote:

VousTube:
The art of the fanvid. Despite having a relatively limited amount of source material available to work from, some very creative tribute videos have been created over the years. We discuss our favorites, and talk about what sets them apart. (Ideally, I’d like to have somebody who’s actually created a fanvid on this one, so we can discuss their process from beginning to end.)
We have people who have recently created stuff, like ScruffyDog from AF and who was the other one? Anyway, I think he created the Moi... Lolita vid that shows a little bit of a bunch of ML videos, maybe all the ones he has, in chronological order all synced up into one video.

I'm not commenting on all of those, but I really like nearly all of them, maybe more than you do. I think you just covered a darn good pile of subjects that one could really spend some time on. And you know, to get back to what I said before, one could use videos or even just photos to associate with nearly all of those. Ah! I don't even have time to be typing this now. But you have contributed well here and good luck with that audio. I wish it was easier. Looks like we might have to push the next commentary back a week, eh? What we need most is probably just good participation, but it's nice to have some comments prepared. When we had like 5 to 8 people actually in the conversation with their audio working, that went pretty well I think. I just hope I won't have to miss any of these. But, I may very well be going to Paris I've now decided (should know by the end of this week I think) and that may distract me a bit. Then there's the Les Enfoirés video coming soon too. I probably will not end up watching all of that before the end of the month I'm guessing.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 03-01-2009 at 05:45 AM..