View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 01:13 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Awesome, although I can't appraise the credibility of the source. Thanks, Karin.

Here's a more complete translation from Dana0_7 on AF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana0_7 View Post
Enjoy the few words about Alizee:

Alizee, the lolita, is swinging to Thierry Lang

Future Knight of Arts and Letters is working for the album of the French Lolita is his new 5 stars studio. Simultaneously, he created his own label, "In face".

We knew him like one of the greatest internation jazzman. Starting with 2nd of Oct he's named by Christine Albanel, the French Minister of Culture, a "Knight of Arts and Letters". And he also started to be named as a producer. In the middle of Ollon, Thierry has just created his own label and he equiped it with high technique. Everything is around the piano and it's capable to reproduce the great sound of this instrument. So the studio is avaible to Ollon. A such opportunity for all the musicians, because it's hard to find in Switzerland such a quality of piano. "That's why i've never recorded in Norway at ECM", said TL, who also worked with Blue Note.

Avaible for great musicians
The next Alizee's album, which will appear in december, will see it's fist days of live in TL's studio. But even if it will be recorded there, it will still remain under Alizee's label. What connection between Alizee and jazz? "My label has it's own identity, which is that of jass and clasique, but i don't say no to the other kinds of music and the studio is open for every great musician who can come and record here, under the protection of his own label. This will do also the great pianist Enrico Pieranunzi. Alizee is a young woman with huge talent. She knows what harmonique means, which makes her touch softly the jazz world and, on her next album, she will be accompanied at piano by Moncef Genoud, a good jazz pianist."
Without speaking about the quality of sound, this studio makes that the albums to be bought at a lower price than the price that exists today. So, the albums will be sold even directly from the label, even by the singers on their sites or at their concerts.

Next "In face" albums
The first IF album, "Winds and Tides", will come on 8th of nov. TL will be accompanied by David Linx, which could be heard also with The Count Basie Band, Bernard lavilliers or with Hanna Scygulla.And for december we wait a TL and Francis Coletta duo.