View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

If true, I think it's great news that Alizée is working on another album. I wonder if the whole album is being recorded there, or just part of it? And how much, if any of it will be of a jazz style...

When asked about Alizée's connection to jazz, Thierry answers that his studio is open to other kinds of music and musicians recording under their own labels, which implies to me that she was doing music other than jazz. But he also mentions that Alizée worked with Moncef Genoud, "a good jazz pianist". I liked "L'effet", and I wouldn't mind Alizée doing more like it. But a whole album of that style may not sit well with her current fan base.

Again, if this news is true, I think it's good news. We'll have to wait and see what kind of music comes out of it. I hope this will be a positive step forward for her. I'll give anything she does a fair listening.

This leaves me with one final question. Was her contract with RCA/Sony/BMG a one album deal? Will she be free to market this new album herself or will it be a Sony product? Again, I guess we'll have to wait and see...