View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 08:27 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This looks like a great option Antares and thanks for the suggestion. At this point, I think I will use this site unless I learn of something better. With this first video, I had left out the dance routine in the hope that it would reduce the chances of it getting bagged for CR violations, but you see how far that got me. But for the rest of the videos, where the upload will be encrypted, I think I can go ahead and include the dance routine.

I was thinking about leaving it out anyways to keep the video shorter because this was mainly to see what was said by and about Alizée, but I will listen to see what members here say before deciding to include or not include it in episodes to follow. The good part about this video is it was the top performance of the night, so they reviewed it, which I did include.

I will also add this comment to the initial post.

I paid a young lady named Marguerite to translate these shows. She spent most of her life in Paris and is now living in the states. I found her through a site advertising French tutors who do other translation projects on the side.

I had originally thought to just get just that last show translated, because it was such an incredibly important show in the Alizée story. Then I thought to get the other shows translated and then adding the translations to videos and sharing them. It's not cheap and I never would have done the rest of the videos just for myself, but I thought members here and elsewhere would really enjoy it, so I went for it. It also gave me a project I enjoy working on, at a time when things are kind of slow.

With the 50mn video. We've all seen in print what she had said about the start of her career, but it means so much more and adds so much more enjoyment to watch a video of her and understand what she is saying at the time and to see some of those great facial expression and know exactly what they are about.

So I still have to send off one more disc to get 2 shows translated by Marguerite but these are later shows and I hope to be able to post one show a week in chronological order.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-03-2015 at 08:36 PM..