View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 03:17 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
She's definitely unique; one of a kind and hard to figure out, at least for me. She doesn't like to shout, which makes her seem meek, but you wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of those kicks.

Because Alizee is so reserved, I suspect she's a difficult person to get close to. Once one accomplishes a degree of intimacy with her, that person is held to a much higher standard than most friends would demand. Alizee is likely to jettison a friend for life if they should ever betray her privacy.

It would be interesting to know the details of her break with MF. It could be something as mundane as a disagreement over money, but I suspect something more personal. You can be sure Alizee took a major financial hit to break with MF. Alizee was stressed by the need to play a role she felt emotionally unsuited for. MF is a libertine and that could have tested Alizee's sense of propriety and intruded on her privacy. It's also evident that Alizee does not like to take orders. As the girl's benefactor, MF probably assumed giving orders was within her purview. Alizee isn't comfortable surrendering control of her life to anyone, although she did acquiesce to Gregorie's intelligent and gentle guidance. In that one instance, I think she was happy to loosen her grip, to relax and let someone she trusted take charge.

In that Alizee has survived so long in the entertainment business, a business that devours people by the gross, she is by no measure a weakling. She does however appear to be exceptionally sensitive and insecure. We see her emotional vulnerability in the frequency she weeps over her daughter, and again upon receiving rewards--emotional displays most people find irresistibly charming.

In Scuffydog’s video, Alizee simply mentions her daughter and loses control to the point she has to stop talking. I—like Rev—was surprised that she doubted her ability to survive on DALS for long. Being so popular a pop star, I thought Alizee had a major advantage. I even wondered if the fix might be in to keep her on the show for as long as possible to draw a large audience. When she won and went crazy with delight, it was obvious she really had no idea she would win. When Gregorie told her she had to seduce and become a dominator, she commented that, it’s going to be very hard—this coming from a young woman who has seduced millions of people: men, women, and children. Whenever she reads her blogs, she is inundated by comments of how people adore her. That she would be insecure about her ability to seduce and dominate, strikes me as telling.

The way she hung teary-eyed onto Tal suggests more than affection. It appeared a display of insecurity, much like a child clinging to her mother. Alizee’s decision to stay close to home, constantly returning to Ajaccio rather than taking off on her own, also suggest a degree of insecurity. Although she travelled to Mexico and Asia, it's my impression she wasn't comfortable in either place. I wonder why she never attempted to break into the USA market, the most lucrative market in the world and one she could have done quite well in during her early years—even though she couldn’t speak English. It seemed an obvious career move. My sense is that she didn’t feel confident taking on the states. She felt more secure in her home country of France. Her choice of childish tattoos implies an emotional immaturity. Her motto "Forever Young" is reminiscent of Peter Pan's desire to stay a child. Because Alizee is an artist, I would have predicted her tattoos to be more artistic, more mature. To be honest, I never would have predicted tattoos at all.

I suspect that Gregorie's quitting DALS did have something to do with Alizee’s insecurities. I doubt that she demanded he leave the competition. I'm sure that was his doing alone, but I think Alizee probably did voice her jealousy. Nathalie Pechalat is definitely a woman to be jealous of. In response Gregorie chose a dramatic demonstration of his fidelity.

I see Alizee as the opposite of Madonna, who is a difficult personality because she is egomaniacal, whereas Alizee is difficult because she is emotionally vulnerable and defensive. I think the key to decoding Alizee's behavioral vicissitudes is her sense of insecurity, which is camouflaged by her delightful charm and her competence as an entertainer. Her vulnerability is one of the things about her that I find irresistible.

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-18-2015 at 03:22 AM..