View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 08:57 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

France,

When I saw the news, my heart shattered. I was so overwhelmed with emotion I could hardly complete a thought. First, I was so saddened by this act of violence against innocent people who were all loved by someone. That sense of loss must have been profound.

Second, I was angry. But I refuse to dedicate any words to the people who did this.

Third, there was nothing I wanted more than to be there with you. There was nothing I could do except watch, and that shook me to my core. I have no medical training, but I wish I could have been there with the dying and injured if only to offer them a pair of loving eyes, or to hold their hand, or just to tell them, "Je t'aime."

In churches all across America we cried for you. In sports arenas, we paused and remembered your fallen souls. If you aren't one who prays, then I offer you my condolences and any words I can craft to make this loss easier for you. Although I doubt anything could make this less impactful.

So for now, please accept my prayers, thoughts, and all my love. Paris, France, you are the heart of this world and our heart broke. Stay strong, do not be afraid.