View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Alizee quits Universal for Sony BMG
Monday 13 August, 2007, by Thierry CADET

The news has fallen: Alizee has left Polydor (Universal) to join RCA (Sony BMG) beside Patrick Bruel, Kamini, Julie Reins and company. Her third album will be in the exams this autumn.

Bigger and bigger rumours have been whispered here and there about the young singer revealed in the summer of 2000 with "Moi... Lolita", but the information about her release are more and more frequent.

First, the group "Alizee/Polydor" is today an old story! The alliance will have lasted seven years, but for certain couples, this difficult seven years was fatal for them. Whom left the other? If certain gossipers don't get irritated to say that it is the label that did not renew the singer's contract, the mystery rests complete... Alizee joins therefore RCA (Patrick Bruel, Thierry Amiel, Luke, Julie Reins, Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera, Pink [...]) distributed by Sony BMG. Here you have who will not facilitate business on the level of rights, when the time comes for the singer to publish a "Best Of".

Following, Alizee no longer works with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. The times have changed. The singer has accepted the services of her husband Jeremy Chatelain for the compositions, and would have called Jean Fauque (Bashung...) and Daniel Darc (Taxi Girl, Thierry Amiel...) for the texts.

To finish, concerning the style of the next album (predicted for this autumn), one must (according to those close to the singer), wait for a first single that is strongly dynamic, with a flavour more rock/pop, predicted on radio for the end of summer. The remixes of this snippet would be already in the works...

Patience fans, just a few weeks to go...

from alizeefanclub.net

I want to precise that this information came from http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actual...s65157-22.html, which is a website that the French use to keep up with music pop culture in France, I think its a reputable source, since they gather info for many singers (although I don't read it much myself ). AlizeeFanClub got the article from the Charts in France.

Last edited by Moe; 08-16-2007 at 06:25 PM..