View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 08:50 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
This woman, called Sincerely K.S.O., does a favorable review of Alizée's song, "J'ai pas vingt ans." She has some problems with the translation. She is from Mississauga, Ontario and has 74,000 YouTube subscribers.

I think an important point here is that Mylène Farmer did such a poor job of writing some of Alizée's early songs into English.
You can see that, for Sincerely, K.S.O., the beauty of Alizée's voice and the music isn't enough. She has to understand the story to get full enjoyment.
That is why "I'm fed up," "I'm not twenty" and "Youpidou" (English version) failed at getting Alizée into the US market.

This is very recent, and is looking for help with the translation...I wonder if anyone in this forum could respond to her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizée-Nederland View Post
Wow, this is some pretty cool stuff, mainly because it's recent. The guys vlog was from January of this year and the Canadian woman's was from last month. The first one posted by Bamagirl shows how important it was to have good lyrics for her English songs and she didn't.