View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 04:13 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think this is an unfair conclusion. Freely sharing her struggles and not trying to make excuses or hide them is a sign of strength, not weakness. Certainly not fragile. Depression does not carry the stigma that it used to. It would be rare to meet a person who has not had at least one depressive episode in their life.
I didn't mean to insult Alizee with the term "emotionally fragile"--- it was a poor choice of words.

If I may, I'd like to clarify something that she said in the interview:

Quote:
Thanks to him [Greg], I now feel fulfilled and free. It made me realize that I was good and that people liked me. I who am hyper sensitive and highly variable mood, who believe that this is the end of the world when something is wrong, it time-delay me and soothes me. Gregory makes me positive and calm my fears. I respect as much as I admire him.

The way I read this, Alizee seems to be saying that she has had "highly variable mood" all her life.

In other words, her "highly variable mood" is not situational--- like her shyness, it is a lifelong trait.

That's how I read it. Alizee is saying that she has highly variable mood by nature, and that Greg has a calming influence on her.

Would you agree with that interpretation?