View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 03:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
To me, the forum is about promoting Alizée, supporting her professional activities, and helping fans learn about her and enjoy what she has done together. In that respect, as a member of the forum I object to using the forum's Facebook page for any other uses. It's that simple.

Perhaps you'd consider making a poll where members can anonymously vote on your proposal, and then proceed based on the results.
Well I have to disagree with what this forum is about. It's exactly what the name says, a forum. It's a place for discussion, pro, con or anywhere in between. If somebody wants to come in here and criticize the hell out of Alizee, if it's justified, then so beit. As long as it doesn't go over board. Something I've been guilty of on more than one occassion and as long as it doesn't get repetitive such as the case when she got all the tatoos and I went off on her. I criticized her loud and often. I recognized it was getting old so I formed a thread where if someone was against it, they wouldn't have to be afraid to state their views, but nobody else would have to look at it. So that is the primary purpose of this forum.................discussion.

Many of us chose to go beyond the scope of that by supporting her in many ways such as some members including myself making cds and dvds to give away. Look what I did with the radio ads and what we did with the autographed cds. With the autographed cds it benefited us and it benefited her. I've written to many magazines and tv stations to promote her as have others. There was the donation to the young boy in Ajaccio who had cancer who later died. All very nice things, but like I said, they are outside the scope of this "forum".

We do things like this because at any one time over the years, we've always had a good core of members, who to most of which Alizee was more than just another singer. So we do things that go beyond what this site is about and I'm sure it's something we'll continue to do.

I actually thought this might have been over the fact that we are supporting Paris and should we be supporting them when there's been other disasters all over the world. Should we not offer support to the victims of Mali? Now I'm still pondering that, but I have to think Paris and France are an exception. They both play a big part in why we are here. Would there have been an Alizee without MF and LB? Would her singing be the same without the French accent. Look at some of her performances such as JPVA in front of the Eiffel tower or JPVA at Hotel de Ville? All the French people and singers we know because of her such as Jessica, Jenifer, Nolwenn, Lorie, Patric Fiori, Pascal Obispo, Jean Jaques Goldman, Tina Arena, Clarie Keim, Jean Baptiste Maunier, Christopher Mae. These are all names I did not have to look up.

EDIT: If you look back to what AlizéeAmerica's logo used to be, it was the U.S and "French" flags crossed with the torch from the statue of liberty, a gift from France along with a Moor's head image. I think that further shows France is a big part of what this forum is about.

So I think, Paris and France do deserve the extra attentions that we are giving them "outside" of what this forum is intended for.

Posting those comments, without the names, is such a small thing, but if it made one person over there feel better, it be well worth it. I'd have to use discretion to. There's some things I'd have to leave out.

Causes close to Alizee mean a little more to me. This event in Paris was close to her in more ways than one. The Mary-Do association was close to her so I made a donation to that too, but it's not just causes close to Alizee I've donated to. Back in May, I made a donation to the Catholic relief services for the victims of the Nepal earthquake. By the way, they help anyone in need; not just catholics. The next month, I made a donation to "Hope for Paws", that's an organization you may have seen who has videos on Youtube where they rescue abandoned dogs mostly.

What I'm saying is I'm not doing this for our sake or for my sake. We can't save the world. But this part of the world has meant a lot to me and I think to us, mostly because of Alizee. I think I and I like to think we, are a lot closer to Paris and France than we are with most other countries, so in this case, I'd like to do something extra. But that something extra, will be outside the scope of this forum, someplace we've gone several times before.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-24-2015 at 08:12 PM..