View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 02:25 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Class act

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
This thread is hilarious.As has already been pointed out it's just one of many possible interpretations and I'm sure Alizée realized this as well. It's not in-your-face-type vulgarity
Apparently what you're saying is, it's vulgarity, not in your face vulgarity, but vulgarity nevertheless. That's why I don't believe Alizeée would have sung this if she thought the interpretation that Anthony has offered was the true meaning of the song.
She has shown us way too much class for that.
You never hear about any compromising stories of her, never see any compromising photos, you don't see her going to drug rehab, no pictures of her out late partying with friends. She's just a class act.
Her song Moi Lolita was what I would describe as risqué, and in no way vulgar. Of course what may seem risqué to some people, may seem vulgar to others and to others just no big deal.
But if Anthony's analysis is correct, I'd say J'en ai marre was bordering on vulgarity. I think she didn't know about it in the beginning, found out later, but at that point, it was such a popular hit and been heard by so many people, it really didn't matter any more.