View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Promotional DVD disk ideas

I loved Scruffy's video sampler, even if some titles are a tad off and the collection is a bit dated. My ideal sampler would also include some of the split-screen "ballet" from MJ, the Andy Warhol "drag" from 50/60, and the Adélaïde duet. A snip of the clear English voice-over from the 2002 Passengers interview would prove helpful near the start of the sampler. In particular, I like seconds 11-15 ("Corsican-born Alizée has become a fixture in the French pop charts") as posted at:
because it pronounces her name clearly and notes she is a hit. (It should be accompanied by a graphic which notes "5 million disks sold worldwide" or whatever.) The audio of JUST her name, together with its appearance in a big, clear typeface, might be usefully repeated during ALL the transitions between the sample clips.

The large Cuban-American population in south Florida would of course be interested that she is a big hit in a Spanish-speaking country - an excerpt from the "Las Tontas..." episode would illustrate that economically. Also use a short clip of her speaking at one of the Mexican concerts, followed by audience applause.

Scruffy's French TV testimonies of how special someone is, is a new must-have.

Surely there are some parts of the AAm podcasts which could be usefully excerpted. Some of the "motivational" posters might be good visuals to use with same. I hope to find some time to make one featuring the Statue of Liberty with her face replacing that of the statue's - maybe someone can beat me to it? A possible caption: "Americans have always had a weakness for French women." Another poster could stick her kisser over that of the Little Corporal's; captioned "Napoleon was not the last Corsican who would conquer much of the world."

The free Christmas 2009 music video might end the video samples, because it is ALL English, even if the Corsican girl only has a small part within it.

Something else one might put on a DVD is a Windows screensaver. The malware-scanned software archive at download.com includes free tools which let you make screensavers from collections of snapshots. Besides publicity photos, one should include the covers of all her disks.

Nobody has a leg to stand upon when it comes to citing the name of their Web address. As long as one does not represent oneself as the owner of same, it is no different from citing the title of a book!