View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Don't everyone answer my question about your favorite whiskey all at once!
(I am changing the spelling to whiskey with an "e" to pass the spell checker)

When I was younger, money was tight, so I just bought whiskeys that you can mix with soft drinks (Coke especially) to make them tolerable. Another name for them is Rot Gut whiskey.

So, I'm older now and don't have the expense of raising a family anymore, so I can enjoy the finer things in life a little bit. Four years ago I experienced the Bourbon Trail in Louisville, Kentucky and toured the Evan Williams distillery and learned the tricks of enjoying bourbon whiskey as a "sipping" whiskey. Since then I only buy the top shelf whiskeys and maybe add a single ice cube to my drink to release the flavors.

I like bourbon, but very partial to scotch whiskeys. I have one particular rye whiskey that I would match up with anything, but it is very hard to find and I have only owned maybe a half dozen bottles in my life.

Lately I have been rediscovering Canadian whiskeys, which have come a long way. It used to be that you would have to mix them to tolerate it, but some of their finer spirits are sip-able and delicious.

Next!