View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 07:20 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post

The song and the video with it play with images moving around, unclear. That is part of the intended mood. It was shot in a day and finished in only a week or so, right? So, yeah, it's not particularly complicated. cool:
I've been working on my vacation plans and haven't had much of a chance to post an opinion til now although I'vee been giving it a lot of thought when I had a few spare moments.

First of all, I really like this video but think there was a lot of room for improvement.

A few people have commented that she is wearing too much make up. One of the things I loved about the early years was she wore so little make up. She has such natural beauty, she doesn't need any. She still has that kind of beauty. But here she is portraying a person who does wear a lot of make up, but even for this role, it does seem a little excessive. There is a part where she is out doors in the fur coat and she blinks and it made me wonder if it was the eye make up that made her blink.

I agree with HR087 that in the scene where she is wearing the black hat in the corridor, she looks stunning, would've like to seen more of that and there are other parts of the video where she looks awesome, such as in the black turtleneck.

The main problem I have with this video is the fact that it's supposed to be about Edie leaving New York city and her freinds. If that's what it is about, then they should have gone to New York city, maybe central park to film those scenes. If you're going to tell a story of a foreign character, and use a foreign language in parts of it in the process, then you should go to the trouble of going to where the story happened.

There's two other minor problems I have with the video. In the outdoor parts where Roman said ...images moving around, unclear........well I thought it was a little bit too unclear where she is hugging a friend. Their image is just too muddled, would've of like to seen a somewhat clearer image of her hugging him.

The other minor criticism is the short part where I guess they are showing a little part of her leg. It's obvious they didn't want to be trashy, too Mylene Farmer, as some people might say, by showing too much leg, but I thought they didn't go far enough, so you had some doubt as to whether it was a leg you were seeing or not.

I really enjoy the song Les Collines, I really enjoy this video, but as I said about the song, with a few more lines of lyrics, I think it would have had a lot more potential, so too with the video, a little bit of improvement, especially with the outside scenes and this would of had the potential of being a top notch video. As it stands, I think it will still do very well.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-21-2010 at 07:38 AM..