View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 11:05 PM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate515 View Post
I could be wrong, but I would imagine that a marriage certificate issued by a foreign government institution is not considered to be valid in France and therefore does not carry any legal weight, especially when it's marriage between two French citizens, both of whom permanently reside in France, which is the case with Alizee and Jeremy. As you probably know, Alizee and Jeremy got married in Las Vegas, on a US territory. They tried keeping it a secret for a while, but little did they know that public records are easily accessible to just about anyone here in the US, and it was only a matter of time before some curious fans were able to confirm the rumors and post a scan of their marriage certificate as a proof. But to French authorities their marriage certificate is probably just a worthless piece of paper.

Once again, this is what I think it means, which may or may not be true since I don't know anything about French laws or how their legal system functions.

Yeah wh ywould a country consider a marriage in another country legal when it is by two citizens of their country. This though isn't right if someone wants to get married they should be able to get married anywhere in the world and it should be legal in every country. Why should two people in love have to get married in multiple countries because it isn't legal because it wasn't in our country.