View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 08:35 AM

Elise is on a distinguished road

Aha I see, well for the classic French songs of Elsa and Hardy, the quality is in the lyrics rather than the tune. So reading the lyrics and translation brings that out. The imagery is beautifully poetic.

But it’s fine because there are also lots of great catchy tunes like those of Stromae and Soprano where the lyrics are not as crucial to enjoyment!

Noir Désir - Comme Elle Vient and L’homme pressé. Indochine - L’aventurier. Louise Attaque - Ton invitation. It is in answer to your question:

Quote:
Has there ever been a world-class French rock band??? Can you name a single one??? Just one???
So yes it’s rock, just in French.

Instead of trying to prove English has this property or that property, I found that when you start listening to foreign music you find there is amazing music in different languages.

Quote:
What do think ought to be said about Boudennat?
It’s Boutonnat. I’m glad you asked, so what Boutonnat and Mylène did with Alizée reminds me of what Serge Gainsbourg did with France Gall. I’ve wanted to share my thoughts in a post about this.

Interesting Tom Scott video. English has Shakespeare and French has Molière. I think neither would work in the other language.