View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 04:44 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
Do you guys, digimaze and others, who know well about those internet technologies, have some idea what could be an alternative to the Hub if it go closed any time soon, or in the future?
Fans of Alizée would like to have some alternative since it's obvious from the posts in this thread that there is no more (substantial) interest in the Hub.
Is there some place where all that huge Alizée collection that is still on the Hub can be transfered to, and can stay on the internet available to the fans for easy downloading, and upload of the new content? What could be a new alternative to the Hub?
Well I'm no expert on the subject, but with Google drive, you can share files, but you can only have up to 15 GB before you have to start paying for more and in today's high def world, that gets used up with only a few files. Of course you can have more than one Google account, each with 15gb more, but that's still a drop in the bucket.

I have most of the files from the eary years, up till 2004, but not that much as far as the albums that followed. I have most of her appearances on Les Enfoires and several other tv shows and DALS and SAGA and I'm sure many others have more than me. The big problem is more and more fans are losing interest and the way things are going, it will be very hard at some point to find all these files that were so accessible from the hub.

Ray I think has much more of her newer stuff than me and probably all the old stuff. Rob Rhein is still going strong and will probably be a good source of files, but his living situation and computer situation hasn't been that steady and I know at times compromised his files. Bottom line is there will probably be good sources to get files for the next couple of years, but beyond that depends on what happens with Alizee, other wise I can't see anything that will match the capacity and ease of access as the hub without paying a price.

I uploaded 3 files (2 interviews and a tv show) to my dc hub file. I put them in a "Subtitles added to Interviews,blah, blah, blah" folder, and I will add more during the week.