View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
So, just out of curiosity, what are the rarest/most expensive collector's items out there?
Well, probably topping the list of items that actually attainable would be things like the gold/diamond/platinum single and album display sets, of which there are very few, and they don't get sold too often. Very expensive, $500+.

Next I would put things where there were only 50-100 originals made, like the Moi... Lolita press box, Gourmandises pillow, or the MCE Plexiglass Promo. They each cost in the $300-$500 range, from what I've seen recently. Also, the original individual VHS casettes would be in this category of rarity, though are less costly ($50-$100).

Dropping down another slot, I would suggest perhaps things that were limited run but are more available (ML gold vinyl, JEAM foamcore fish promo, ML triptyques $30-$200), or were more widely created but are very rare to find (I'm Fed Up international vinyl - ~$200)

In the final place of "unusual items" I would put things that aren't necessarily especially costly or valuable, but which are cool and sometimes hard to get your hands on. Things like the CD display racks, PLV's, and certain En Concert merchandise. Oh yes, and that darn JEAM mini-bio card. If you see one for sale, PM ME! Costs can range from like $2 up to $100.

All prices I give are based on what I've seen in the things sell for in the last 6-8 months, your mileage may vary. I avoided including prices so high the items didn't sell.

Pictures of all items can be found in the discography at nidalizee.

Last edited by Cooney; 06-07-2007 at 01:16 PM..