View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 05:18 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I have developed software in every Microsoft OS from the beginning, and Windows 7 wins hands down as the most stable environment.

Actually, some earlier versions of Windows were very good, even before the Internet days. Windows 3.1 had a very long life even though it did not hold a candle to where Mac was at the time. However, it was stable enough to handle commercial applications. Windows 95, after some initial hiccups, turned out to be extremely stable. Windows 2000 was my favorite for a long time.

There was the informal rule to skip every other Microsoft OS, and for good reason because they put out as many dogs as winners (remember the Vista disaster?).

My problem with Windows 10 is that many legacy applications do not work in the OS, even when developed with retired Microsoft software. Many apps that work fine with Windows 7 do not run under 10. For many small businesses who paid for custom applications to be developed, they don't upgrade to Win 10 because then they have to pay to upgrade their custom apps, which can be extremely expensive.