View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 11:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've been doing some reading on the subject and there are basically two types and a cross between the two, "if we decide to got this route". There are astronomical or celestial which are for star gazing and terrestrial for looking at sites on the ground. Celestial ones have a much bigger lens for gathering distant light and there fore are less easily portable, but still portable. These types can be affected by local lighting and I think where she is, there might be a good amount of local lights (security) at night which may affect it.

Terrestrial are looking for sights on the ground and so are not affected by lighting, in fact the more lighting, probably the better, so I'm guessing a terrestrial one with celestial capabilities might be best.

This one Shepherd mentioned might be in that range.

https://www.amazon.com/Orion-9024-As...azingtele0a-20

Edit:

Getting back to a card to send them, I thought about maybe sending a card with the names of many members who cared to post messages along with those messages, but have thought of late maybe just posting messages alone from members of the forum. I would also ask Marguerite du Paris to interpret those messages so we could post the French translation too.

As far as the letterhead, I would use something very small compared to what went on at the autograph session. That was a big part of us. This is all about them, so I want them to know who it's from, but I want them to be the dominating part of this card.

Maybe I will reach out to members in all the countries I can, to at least let me post in the card, if they post messages, where our fans come from and maybe in their native languages?

I just uploaded this video I took which shows footage in the alleged direction so maybe night lights wouldn't be that much of a factor?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-25-2016 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts