View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 03:55 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
It's also probable that Alizee may leave Ajaccio to live on the mainland with her new husband, Gregorie, and then have no use for telescope.
There are certainly all kinds of risks here, but one thing I'm fairly certain is that she would not move to the mainland. Now it's very possible that they might choose to have a place on the mainland and a place in Ajaccio. There's also the possibility of her moving back towards down town Ajaccio for the sake of Annily's education or for the dance school that they may still open up, but I think she loves that view she has now and it would take a lot for her to give it up.

There's also the possibility that she might want nothing to do with a telescope or even if she does like it, maybe the novelty would wear off quickly. So how do we minimize our risk?

We could just go with the original plan of buying one and hoping CP would agree to deliver it. If we choose to do that, we don't have the membership we used to have so only a few will bear most of the burden for paying for it. So buying a higher cost one for around $1,000 is probably out of the question unless we knew for sure she'd accept it.

Now we could get a decent one for around 500 and I'd be willing to put in the 350 I pledged which would limit the amount anyone else would risk to under 50 and just roll the dice.

If there was a way to ask her, I think she'd not respond just in keeping in the way MF taught her how to deal with fans.

Now we could possibly get in touch with her dad through a FB member which might be the safest way, that's if he responds. Hopefully we could have a picture of one that we had in mind sent to him with our idea. If he responded favorably, then maybe we could up the ante and buy a better one.

There also the possibilty of sending them another gift. How about a bottle of Dom Perignon? There is a store in Ajaccio that I think we could order it from. Of course with something like that, it's quickly gone, but it's the thought that counts. The cost would be 175 euros which as of now would be 195. I'd be willing to pay 125 if others would be willing to pick up the rest.

Again with this as with the telescope the first problem would be getting it to them. We could ask the store if they knew where they live and be willing to deliver it or again maybe ask if CP would be willing to get it to them some how. If we can't get that done, then the whole idea is dead in the water.

As far as the card I propose, I think that won't work out. To do what I wanted, we'd probably have to send a card to CP and ask her to get it to A&G somehow and getting a gift to her and getting a card to her might be asking too much. Hopefully we can just have some short message that would be a part of the gift.

So let me know what you think.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-27-2016 at 03:59 AM..