View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

So I finally finished reading this whole thread from start to finish and all I can say is WOW! It's been a long time since I have seen so much passion packed in a single thread.

One thing that came to mind is that those that were defending her so fiercely are not active in this forum anymore, while those that remain to this expressed a lot of concern and dismay about them. Maybe I am reading too much between the lines, but it is obvious.

I remain of the opinion that the tattoos that came in such a hurry are a result of low self-esteem/body image with some depression and self-loathing mixed in. For everybody that has gone through a divorce (including myself), you known what it's like. She had a failing/failed marriage and failed albums. She looks in a mirror and her body is not petite perfect like it was before Annily.

I married young, and to a petite 19 year old who was probably a 9.5 out of 10 (10 = Alizee). A year and a half later, the baby came. No matter how hard my ex tried, she couldn't get the body she had pre-baby. Add permanent stretch marks, which she hated. She became very insecure.

We don't know what happened behind closed doors leading up to her divorce, but to me, the evidence is there of risky and self-destructive behavior which is very common during and post-divorce. She also put on some weight, and I can relate to this one, as after my divorce I ate garbage and put on 60 pounds. I have known people who have taken up riding motorcycles, skydiving, drinking heavily, or dating the sleaziest person (people) they can find after a divorce, among other things.

ML and Jeremy might have been controlling, but maybe Alizee needs that. Maybe she is a free spirit, but too much so and needs somebody to counter it. I have always been a risk taker, and admittedly have done a lot of dumb things when I was a teen and young adult. When I got married and had a couple of kids, I was the sole financial supporter of my family. I still had the same urges to do things that one might consider dangerous to life and limb, but I had to put my family above my own interests. One mistake and my life/career might be in jeopardy, and then what? My family would have to live under a bridge?

It is the benefit of hindsight to be able to read these posts from 5 years ago and how tattoos would impact her future musical career. Some predictions were spot on. Alizee was obviously not in a stable mindset during the tattoo period - wounded from the failures that she experienced. I don't think she was clear-headed enough to fully assess the impact it would have on her career. And now we know.

I am hoping that Gregorie will bring some much needed stability into her life over the long haul and won't flake out on her. He is crazy about her now I know, but hopefully 20 years from now. Annily will benefit from a stable home during her teen years.