View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
I also have scoliosis. What type of scoliosis do you have?
It is the common S type, in the lumbar region (lower back). I am not sure if I was born with it, or caused by injury (I have had some falls).

I have an athletic build with more of barrel chest and long legs, so I was fit to play football (American version), yet I loved to run long distance. Because of my scoliosis, my hips shift where the right side is about a half an inch higher than the left. Because of this, my right foot has a tendency to overpronate when I run (most weight on outside part of foot). Over many years of running on hard pavement with uneven stride, along with being a large framed person, the meniscus of my right hip joint just wore away way before its time.

I didn't know any of this until I was almost 50. If I knew earlier in life, I could have adjusted my exercise regimen, or started getting treatment so that the end result wouldn't have happened so early.

Chiropractics has done wonders, but they need to know what they are doing. Straightening the spine takes years and years of manipulation and physical therapy. I will never get to that point. Right now I am managing it and it's not getting worse.

kulli, take note of what I said about testosterone. I am not sure how old you are, but lack of drive and motivation is one of the things that I first noticed when I entered andropause in my mid-40's.

Also, I was really active in a men's health forum for quite some time. You would not believe how many young men were having issues such as low T and ED. We are talking about men in their mid 20's. There are a lot of foods that hike up estrogen levels in men and lower T. Also BPA plastics leach estrogen into foods they wrap around when heated, such as in a microwave.

Prolonged depressed moods can also be caused by low Vitamin D, which is one of the issues I had when moving from sunny Texas back up north where the winters have about 5 months of almost continuous cloud cover. I also purchased a full spectrum light to sit under for 20 minutes or so when I get up in the morning to fight off the wintertime blues (works really well, by the way).

First things first is to get a comprehensive blood test. You might just be lacking something easily correctable, and it usually shows up in the blood. Good luck.