View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting by the bay View Post
So I decided to complain to Alizee's management about recent events, and this was the response I got:

"Son, we live in a world full of pop stars. And those stars need hard core fans to survive. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Sitting by the Bay? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Alizee and you curse Mylene Farmer. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Alizee's career demise, while tragic, was unavoidable. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, is a necessity ...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to promote Alizee. You need me to promote Alizee!
We use words like distribution, crossover, and royalties...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent promoting something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very talent that I showcase, then questions the manner in which I promote it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you dedicate yourself to Alizee mind, body and soul!. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"
That was just great, thanks!