View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 01:31 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Wow, this is hard to take. I'm still relatively new here, but I have to say this, and my comments may get me kicked out- but here goes.

CUT HER SOME SLACK! Sometimes this forum reads like a gathering place for complaining! Geez, she's no longer the teenage girl she was back when she started- she's more mature, and in my opinion even more attractive (if that's possible) than before.

I've kept quiet, up to this point, about all the negative criticism about her tattoos, her hairstyle, her hair color, her choice of clothing, her lip-syncing or changing voice, etc, etc., because I felt that I had not earned the right to say so. I wasn't here when she started, as many of you were. I wasn't even aware of her. Had I been, I can assure you that I would have been right there with you! So, maybe I haven't earned the right to criticize those who criticize her, and I can understand that as fans, everyone wants only the best for her. So do I. But- she has the right to do what she wants and look as she desires. Maybe I don't like the way she dresses in a given situation, but it's her life and her choice. She's young and of a generation that appreciates things that perhaps some of us from different generations- can't or won't. I guess that's one of the reasons I like her- she's fiercely independent, somewhat of an iconoclast, and not afraid to go against the current. Good for her.

Sorry if I offend anyone here. I'm a fan, and I support her- including the way she looks- tattoos and all (and btw- I don't have any myself- but I am considering getting one- just because!).

I know you all love her and support her and mean only the best. And, yes I know we also have the right to say what we want (up to a point)- I just wish we'd go easier on her and just enjoy her for the person, the artist, the athlete, and singer she is. She certainly deserves that.

I'll go chill out- sorry for the rant- peace out!