View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:55 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naft View Post
I'll agree with Jalen and say it isn't UeDS fault, after prolonged exposure the passion that was there has for some gone away, for some it won't just die out yet and for some it's just started. Unless I'm mistaken there was a thread about this not to long ago that after 3-5 years of loving a person and being married you might not feel the same "love" you felt as on the day at the chapel, but you stay with that person for the morality and something else I can't remember.
Hi Naft,

It depends on what it is you are attracted to. Most people will change drastically physically and emotionally throughout the years and decades and this change in itself can be a very stimulating and can help keep the flame burning. If the attraction is based on the core of the person (her/his true inner qualities) you can be in love forever with that person. I have been with the same person since my teen years and I do not see any signs of dying attraction, quite to the contrary indeed and I am not that young anymore...

You really do have to work at it and compromise and try your best to make it work, but I will admit that in truth, it is mainly luck. This amazing chance that only blesses a few and that allows one to find a partner that is a perfect match. And it has to be a perfect match for both partners to really work... What are the odds of that happening!?

As for Alizée, well, even if I find this very hard to admit, it is an “image” that I am attracted to. She truly seems like to most adorable, charming, generous and sincere person in the world, but that is an image that might or might not be the real person. There is an inherent limitation there and I think it is quite possible that the interest might wear down as it does for any “image”. Of course, she is such an important part of my life right now, referring to her as being an “image” seems ridiculous, but I have to be realistic about what she truly is. Nevertheless, Alizée has caused such an impact in my life that even if I stopped being interested in her today, she would still have been a very positive and a very important experience for me.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-02-2011 at 02:16 PM..