Old 12-11-2015, 10:35 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
her music carreer is (or can be) over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
you can see what kind of people are liking their group and page. Most people who see Alizée just like a beautiful sexual object, or who know her just from Lolita era. I doubt most of them know more about her.
I think this may be why. Her music career with MF/LB was a once in a lifetime chance or opportunity which she chose (for reasons that we still don't 100% clearly know) to leave behind. Her music career with the J-man was exactly that, part of her marriage, of their relationship, something which deteriorated. Her music career on her own was tough. UEDS, 5, Blonde didn't do well at all and it just seems to me that she had had enough of being asked about Moi Lolita and MF at almost every interview.

When she took up dancing, being able to free herself from the music for a while, coupled with finding love with the G-man, it was the easy and happy way out. She gave Blonde a chance, and it didn't work. By the time the concerts were cancelled I'm sure she had already given up.

Yes, there are many of us who buy her albums and singles and collect things and take trips to see her, but there are simply not enough. Not from a business point of view at least, and there are too many of those ^ people Lucas mentioned. People who will Like a post, but not buy a concert ticket. And in the end Alizée is going to do what makes her happy. It sucks, it really sucks for the rest of us, but it appears to me that she might or might have already put her music career as well as the fans, the diehard fans, behind her.

I can't really blame her for doing what makes her happy. That's what life is all about. I'm sure she still appreciates us all, I certainly would like to still meet her one day, take a picture and get an autograph. Or ten.