View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

First of all, I think Fall's observations are probably accurate.

In recent weeks I've been wondering what benefit Alizée even gets from fans' promotional efforts. Maybe in a different universe with a different Alizée things would be different but with this Alizée what effect does it have? I've said before that most of the fan promotion is like a group of people trapped in a room together showing each other the same pictures and videos over and over. Then when Alizée shares something herself, the fans just show that to each other. Then the tabloid blogs make cute little articles about her posts too.

No amount of promotion is going to sell any more copies of Blonde. And it's too late for that anyway. So what's the point? Sure, we're in the middle of any possible album cycle so this would normally be a quiet time. Sure, fans interacting with each other can keep the dream alive.

My point ^^ : Fan pages and whatnot on social media don't promote Alizée. It's all just 'preaching to the choir.'

And I'm not specifically talking about any particular page or group or fan now. Alizée has not asked once for anyone to promote her. I'm sure she appreciates the gestures but probably long ago figured out that it does nothing for her.

Maybe constantly reliving her days working with MF and LB keeps fans enchanted. It doesn't seem to do much to drive purchases.

I think a forum can much better serve a new fan's quest for knowledge and create a deep interest in Alizée than any "Future of Fandom" Facebook page can.

New fans = more sales opportunities.
Lolita fans = more of the past.