View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Your responses to our look in the mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
Wow great work getting all these posts , I like 1300[0]1
The reason I used 130001 instead of 130000 is that the latter is MISSING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Just curious Fan, why did you start with the 33rd post? Are you a Freemason? How suspicious?

Here's an earlier thread.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14
Thank you. The first few posts were missing. I was too lazy to do a thorough seach for the first one available, and so settled on an early non-missing post after poking around with successive midpoint searches. Your implicitly cited post is better (earlier), and is used in my revised post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I feel all fuzzy and warm inside that I got quads, and zeroes nonetheless
I am an old man and too lazy to search Wikipedia, Wiktionary or whatever for what this Insider Kiddie Lingo means. Will you or KLo take pity on me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
wait can you re-word the point of this please? And I'm not being sarcastic...I just don't understand and it seems interesting...
People and institutions benefit by "grading their own papers" from time to time. Usually when one looks at forum postings, it is because one is interested in the material discussed, rather than the way it is said, or the utility of the post to the aspirations of the Web site supporters. By picking out posts at "random" (using a constant-stride post-number displacement), I hope to focus on thinking about how we can improve what we do here.

Let me go first. When I look at the posts sampled, too many are short and highly parochial, being meaningless out of context, with little enduring value. Perhaps things are not as bad as I imagine, if the "crummy" posts come from an "off-topic" section.

I offer this as evidence that an official "Best of Alizée America" thread (call it a "newsletter" if you like) would have value. The 200,000+ posts in five years averages over 100 posts per day - how many people have time to wade through all of that looking for the "good" stuff? It might even help promote civility if everyone knew that many or most people who visit AAm just read the "Best of" thread, and being an asshole when posting simply assures you won't be read in it.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 04-21-2011 at 01:10 AM.. Reason: mend minor typo