View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 02:29 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

Well, I think this is the right place to post this.

Since getting the album, I've had plenty of time to listen to it and really let it sink in. I never thought I would ever say this but, sad to say, the album is a disappointment to me. Unlike "5" and UEDS (in which I liked all the songs), this time- I only like 4:

1. Alcaline (favorite)
2. Plus de Bye-bye
3. Mon Planeur
4. K.O.

Maybe it's the whole Blonde thing. I never liked the theme, nor the whole idea of her coloring her hair blonde- just for the album. I don't get it. It's gimmicky, even seems phony- and she doesn't need to do that at all. Maybe it's the pop thing, which is not the kind of music I like, necessarily (I'm a Hard/Progressive Rock/ Headbanger kind of guy- lol) Maybe it's a generation/ age thing (doubt it). Maybe with more time, the rest of the songs will grow on me. Who knows.

With this album, I was hoping for a resurgence to the days of her earlier career, complete with an all-singing (ok, just a little bit of dancing) concert, or several- maybe even one here in the US of A, or even Mexico. Doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. A shame really; I really like her, and even though, I'm not crazy about "Blonde"- I remain a staunch fan of Alizée, my one and only French pop star (emphasis on "only" and "French")

I can't help but wonder why it is that her management team, or Sony, or both, can't seem to find the key to promoting her effectively. Or for that matter, why they can't seem to help her use more of that incredible vocal talent she has- to record more songs that are more in line with her natural ability. I guess I'll never understand.

I do hope she's at least happy- she seems to be.