View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Hmm, well I've never decided I would master languages just out of the blue, I've spoken Spanish all my life and English for the majority, they're my primary languages. I learned them in school/at home and I'm "used to them."

As for French, simply over time from reading subtitles on videos, translations of articles and songs, I've come to gradually understand it a little. I can usually get the idea of what the average article about Alizée is trying to say. I can pick up some things when listening to her speak, and I've dabbled in trying to learn it with different methods like apps or podcasts and classes, but I am far from being fluent. I miiiight know enough to survive a day or two in Paris on my own, but not much after that hehe. Occasionally I've also watched French films such as Lila Says and Fleurs Du Mal which I've liked. I watched those with subtitles too, and it helped. Alizée's songs too of course.

I would like to learn a language totally different like Arabic sometime in the future, but I have no idea how I'd go about doing that, given the difference in writing you mentioned.