View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:18 AM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

Good luck to everybody struggling with foreign languages!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I would like to learn a language totally different like Arabic sometime in the future, but I have no idea how I'd go about doing that, given the difference in writing you mentioned.
Nor do I. If anyone here is capable of coming up with tips about foreign alphabets, then please do... I have not been learning anything as "crazy" as Arabic but I do not even fully comprehend "facile" Cyrillic . I mean, I do know all the bukvas and can, eventually, come through every text but I'm not fluent at all. Really, it takes me less to read a Spanish script and I've never learnt Spanish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Well you're female.. I don't wanna be sexist here but I'd say women read more books than men cuz they are more intuitive.
I do not think males read much less than females, tbh...

And even were it so, I'd rather say it has something to do with their aptitudes, not intuition (which could be quite helpful in one's private relationships or in psychology but literature? nay, I reckon) - males are usually more into sciences, females are usually apt to humanistic subjects. (Not to mention that some "scientist types" are bookworms more freaky than me in their past-time.) I know some people breaking those "sexist" rules though - my male class-mate read freaking much and no wonder he managed to keep himself so well-read if he, even during Maths lessons, would familiarize himself with Miłosz and Joyce instead of calculating delta :P .

@Junkmale: Będę do Twojej dyspozycji [I shall be at your disposal] if you fancy asking a Polish native speaker a question or need some other kind of help .
The Round belong