View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 02:57 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Latest update. Still hoping to hear from the close friend of the family. Looking into a gift certificate type of gift, the main problem being there are no large department type stores apparently in Ajaccio where they would have many choices of gifts for him and her. I'm doing some research on line and have come up empty so far. The store I mentioned in my previous post doesn't look to be a bad choice with the exception I had hoped to get something for both of them and this store apparently is only for women, but in that case, maybe we could suggest maybe something too for Annily which might make this more appealing to them.

It's also possible she might not like that store I suggested, so maybe we'll try and contact Jo again to see what he thinks of it.

I believe someone suggested a gift certificate for the small mall they have in Ajaccio which doesn't seem like a bad idea, but I don't know if it's possible to get something like that specifically for that mall.

EDIT: Here's another place I found in Ajaccio that again only offers stuff for her and it looks like kind of a pricey place.

https://www.facebook.com/galeries.aj...ends?pnref=lhc

The best option along these lines would probably be if not a gift certificate, maybe a prepaid credit card. The down side of that would be they might use it for little things like gas and groceries in which case in the end, there will be nothing to remember us by.

As far as getting them a card, mailing one from the U.S. would I think be out of the question because I think there is no way to insure it if it goes to the wrong address. We could hopefully have one delivered to some one in Ajaccio from a French site, who would forward it to her, so I'm sure we can safely get this done if we choose this option.

At this point, I'm leaning towards the store I mentioned, because I think it's more likely they'll get a gift they remember, but I'm far from done doing research. EDIT: I just received a response from a question I sent to their FB page and this store does sell gift certificates.

EDIT: I think we have enough pledges for either just a gift certificate for 500 euros or maybe a gift certificate for 400 euros and a bottle of Dom Perignon.

EDIT:EDIT: Well the solution as to where to get a gift card shouldn't be as much a problem as it has seemed to be. It would have been nice to have gotten one in Ajaccio, but unfortunately, the choices there are too limited. Why not a store in Paris? I found this site in that refers to 4 of the most famous department stores there.
http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/en...rtment-stores/

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-06-2016 at 10:20 AM..